FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONs
1. Where can I find the fellowship titles?
The fellowship titles and the ToRs are listed on the website. Please refer to the ToRs to identify your interest areas.
2. What documents do I need to submit along with my application form?
You need to submit a Cover Letter and a CV along with your application form as well as a research paper sample. You can submit your application form through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Do I need to submit a proposal along with my application?
No, you don’t have to submit a research proposal with your application.
4. Am I required to choose three fellowship titles on my application form?
Yes. We ask our applicants to identify three fellowship titles that they are interested in. Based on their application, cover letter, and interview, we place fellows in areas that best suit their expertise and interest.
Read about the Fellowship Titles 2018
5. What does applying for the priority deadline mean? How is it different from the regular deadline?
If you apply by the priority deadline, qualified applicants are assigned fellowship title of their first two choices. A qualified applicant who applies by the regular deadline might not always get their first choice.
Timeline and Commitment of the fellowship:
6. How long is the fellowship?
The fellowship period is for three months ( June to August).
7. Do I need to commit full time to the fellowship?
Yes, the fellowship requires a full-time commitment. Regular working hours are from 9 am to 5 pm.
8. How do I know if I have been selected for the fellowship?
A week after the application submission, applicants who have been selected for the preliminary selection round (based on the quality and strength of the application) will receive an email for a skype interview. If selected, the fellowship team will mail you a confirmation within two weeks of the Skype interview.
Other additional question:
9. Is the fellowship a paid opportunity?
Daayitwa provides a need-based stipend. This stipend covers their travel and food expenses during the fellowship period. Additionally, the fellowship also provides a small amount of money for field research work.
10. What are the deliverables required during the fellowship?
The deliverables differe according to the projects. Based on the project requirements fellows have to deliver an inception report, monthly blogs/vlogs, mid-term report, policy briefs, and a final report. Besides this, the fellows will also present their research findings during the symposium organized at the end of the fellowship. We also require the fellows to attend the adaptive leadership course offered during the fellowship.