Call for Application- USYC 2016
U.S. Embassy Youth Council -2016
The U.S. Embassy Youth Council (USYC) was created in 2011 by the U.S. Embassy in Nepal to
interact directly with Nepali youth. The Youth Council has two primary objectives:
- To inform the Embassy about the challenges young Nepalese face and what can be done to address them.
- To encourage participation by USYC members in their communities and civil society.
The incumbent USYC consists of 53 Nepalese from all regions of Nepal that represent various
backgrounds, castes, religions, and professions. The U.S. Embassy constantly engages with the
Youth Council through regularly offered discussion programs, training, outings and other events.
- All Youth Council applicants must be between 18-27 years old.
- All applications must include a recommendation from an educational institute where you are
currently studying or from your current place of work.
- In submitting an application, all prospective Youth Council members are agreeing to be active
participants in Youth Council events for the full one-year term.
- All Youth Council applicants should intend to reside in Nepal for the next year.
Read the FAQ (बारम्बार सोधिने प्रश्नहरुको जवाफ) here